Title: Senior Commercial Portfolio Underwriter (P&C)
- Provide technical underwriting expertise for mid-market property & casualty as well as automobile lines
- Analyze and evaluate results for your portfolio and use individual or collaborative judgment to ensure that profit and growth goals are met
- While working in a team environment, provide exceptional service to your assigned brokers in accordance to service standards with respect to the renewal portfolio, endorsements, cancellations, certificates etc.
- Mentor junior underwriting staff and assist with training and coaching of other staff
- Perform peer quality control audits and validate adherence to corporate guidelines
- Build strong inter-department relationships that encourage the company’s corporate culture
- Communicate results, outstanding issues, industry trends and business opportunities to the Commercial Management team
- Record underwriting information for the purpose of evaluation, assessment, audit and profitability
- 7+ years of experience in commercial Property/Casualty and Automobile underwriting
- Post-secondary education completed
- CIP/FCIP/CRM an asset
- Strong property and casualty and commercial automobile product knowledge
- Possess strong team building, coaching and leadership skills
- Exceptional knowledge of underwriting principles, concepts and methodologies in a commercial environment
- Extensive knowledge of commercial rates and pricing to effectively underwrite and attract target business
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and superb time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Computer skills that enable independent management of a variety of programs
- Accountability, customer-centric thinking, teamwork and a commitment to excellence.
Competitive salary, bonus, excellent benefits, and pension plan.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.