Title: Commercial Underwriting Manager
- Champion strategies that sustain the profitable growth of the Commercial Lines department
- Provide technical expertise to mid-market property/casualty and automobile underwriters
- Negotiate and design individual KPI’s that contribute to the overall commercial strategies and objectives
- Identify means to close gaps and manage by objective
- Perform Quality Control audits
- Identify training opportunities for both underwriter and team
- Obtain and analyze industry trends in order to keep current and relevant in the market
- Work within a Technical Committee to identify system improvements and relevant underwriting guidelines
- Build strong inter-department relationships that fosters the company’s corporate culture
- 5+ years of commercial P&C underwriting experience in a senior role
- Prior management experience
- Post secondary education and CIP
- Other Insurance courses or designations is an asset
- Passionate about developing career minded individuals and teaching individuals how to work as a talented and skilled team
- Proven commercial underwriting experience, both property/casualty and automobile lines
- Firm understanding of underwriting principles, concepts and methodologies in a commercial environment
- Working knowledge of commercial rates and pricing to effectively underwrite and attract target business.
- Natural tendency to solve problems and resolve challenges
- Superior customer service and business acumen
- Leadership skills that include instinctive coaching and mentorship
Competitive salary, bonus, excellent benefits, and pension plan.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.