Title: Business Technology Support Specialist
- Broker Onboarding and sanctioning
- Primary point of communication with Regions, Brokers and I.T. on issues related to systems, examples but not limited to: EDI, Broker Connectivity, website & PRMS, PLUS, etc.
- Develop expertise in company strategy, systems & processes in order to troubleshoot broker and internal technology issues and identify potential solutions
- Collaborate with I.T. and external vendors to identify technology issues, develop solutions, test, deploy
- Provide professional, informative, timely customer service to the Regions and the Brokers
- Maintain practices that ensure compliance with company, regulatory, legal and ethical policies and requirements including Sarbanes Oxley. This is done by ensuring thorough comprehension of practices, timely feedback, accurate documentation and participation in audits and reviews.
- Protect the health and safety of self and others by reporting unsafe conditions, working in compliance with the law and adhering to the safe work practices and procedures.
- Post-Secondary Education and/or CIP designation or enrollment in the program
- 5 + years’ experience in the Insurance Industry, minimum 2 years’ experience Customer Service, various experience working with technology
- Knowledge of Broker Management Systems
- Knowledge of CSIO standards and Electronic Data Transfer Applications
- Problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Ability to do technology User Acceptance Testing
- Able to analyse complex data with high accuracy, be open minded towards change, be able to anticipate client needs and work with others to identify and resolve issues
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- An excellent problem solver with the ability to lead teams to business solutions
Compensation: Competitive base, bonus, Benefits, Pension
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.