Bodily Injury Claims Specialist
Based Downtown Toronto
Handle auto bodily injury claims of low to moderate exposure and complexity within specific limits of authority by following established protocols to ensure that claims are handled in the most efficient, effective way while delivering a customer-centric claims service.
• Bachelors Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims and Litigation area in the insurance industry.
• Knowledge of claims handling or insurance legal statutes and procedures and regulatory environment
• Ability to interpret coverage on various liability policies
• Analytical skills
• Negotiation experience
• 3 or more years of claims experience in line of business
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment
• Organization and time management skills
• Experience collaborating across work groups
• Microsoft Office experience
• Document claims file by accurately capturing and updating claims data/information in compliance with best practices for low to moderate exposure and complexity personal or commercial line claims.
• Exercise judgement to determine liability by gathering and analyzing relevant facts; utilizing applicable law; establishing basic principles of negligence.
• Exercise judgment to determine policy verification and coverage determination by analyzing applicable coverage for claims and determining whether the loss falls within the coverage.
• Work to have a timely resolution to claims by developing case strategy; developing a case evaluation; escalating issues as appropriate.
• Establish timely reserves and perform ongoing review throughout claims cycle within authority limit by estimating and validating value of claims.
• Assess damages by calculating applicable damages or range of damages allowed by law.
• Negotiate settlement of claim by establishing appropriate negotiation strategy and utilizing available tools and resources within authority limits.
• Meet quality standards by following best practices.
• Ensure customer service by proactively communicating information; responding to inquiries; following customer protocols and may participating in customer marketing efforts.
• Manage expenses by working within vendor approved networks and managing scope of work assigned to outside contractors. Departs from approved vendors with manager approval, where in the best interests of the insured.
• Ensure legal compliance by following state and federal laws and regulations and internal control requirements.
• Refer claim to subrogation and fraud teams by identifying potential subrogation and fraud.
• Contribute to profitable growth by providing risk insight, information and trends to Business Unit or customer as needed.
• Protect the company's reputation by keeping claims information confidential.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, staying current with industry trends, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Business Travel, as required
• Extended Hours during Peak Periods, as required
• Pass Applicable Exam/Licensing, as required
If interested in applying to this role please contact Antonella Leone via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at 416-868-6711 x 226.