Source New Business
Cost effectively use social media and other appropriate channels to reach clients not currently sourced through conventional contacts.
- Expand our reach beyond the client base currently serviced
- Identify opportunities to expand our offerings, in an appropriate way, to the existing client base.
- Apply appropriate metrics to track progress in sourcing new business and course adjust based on fact-based analysis of data.
- Train others in the business to use new channels effectively.
Receive and respond to quote requests by phone, walk-in, email or internet. Use listening skills to ensure needs are clearly understood and responded to appropriately.
Quoting and Placing New Business
Fully deal with and close the transaction as follows:
Provide guidance with respect to missing coverage or upgrades to coverage
- Accurately provide quotations with descriptions of company being quoted, as well as explain coverages and underwriting issues that may impact the rate.
- Complete and deliver quote packages by email, post or by hand.
- Once accepted by the client, produce the applications and necessary documents to be sent, or make an appointment for them to attend at the office to sign the documents.
- Forward confirmation of coverage when required by an insurable interest on the policy (ie. Lienholder, lessor etc.)
- Solicit renewal dates for any lines of business not written at the same time.
Processing and Documentation
Ensure all applications and policy screens are fully and accurately completed before passing to the Technical Support Specialist for uploading on the company system.
- Obtain all pertinent information from the customer to enable the Protection Coach to effectively service the client.
- Document the process and steps taken on the management system
- Work with the Technical Support Specialist to ensure the rate quaoted agrees with the company system.
- Enter an abeyance date to follow-up and ensure the change has been done
Reporting and Tracking Performance
Track # of quotations related to existing clients vs. Prospective new clients to the business.
- Track conversion rate on new clients vs. Retention on existing clients and expansion of coverage to existing clients.
- On an ongoing basis, track personal performance to targets, identify solutions to course correct when necessary and discuss with Office Manager.
- Manage issues directly when appropriate and escalate / seek advice from office Manager when necessary to ensure customer service and business objectives are met.
- Follow up applications to ensure each has been done in a timely manner and has been processed correctly.