Personal Lines Underwriting Manager
Are you a strategic and well experienced personal lines leader? Our client, a leading national company, are looking for an experienced Personal Lines Manager to head up their personal lines department. You will be overseeing a very large team, whilst being integral to accelerating growth.
- Manage the performance of the portfolio and workflow to meet targeted benchmarks for both short and long-term goals.
- Evaluate economic and industry environment for potential or current impacts to business and recommend changes working collaboratively with Executive Office.
- Manage team performance through proactive coaching, employee development and performance appraisals.
- Ensure adherence to policies, procedures and underwriting guidelines.
- Influence the underwriting culture while supporting the company’s risk appetite (and loss control program).
- Champion the development and implementation of business change.
- Managing the recruitment process for new hires.
- Analyze risk and recommend an informed course of action.
- Participate and contribute to the development of regional strategies, target benchmarks and business plans.
- Participate, contribute and manage the annual budget including staff forecasting.
- Participate and contribute to the succession planning process.
- Foster positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including other regional offices and networking at industry events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years Property and Casualty industry experience.
- Expert and proven leadership skills **mandatory
- Able to inspire teamwork and a collaborative environment.
- Working towards and/or completion the CIP/FCIP
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to present information or arguments in a convincing manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to select and implement best solutions.
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to provide justification.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information in a convincing manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and monitor progress to meet deadlines.
**Our client will consider those from the broker side with strong leadership skills
Interested candidates please contact Affia at 778-383-9790 ext 104 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner