Our client is looking for an insurance professional who is familiar with all sides of the industry to become their next Marketing Broker. The successful candidate will have exemplary communication skills and will be comfortable with managing and prioritizing a demanding workload. This is an opportunity for a long term role in a vital position with an established insurance firm.
- Pre-qualify and assess risks for new and renewal business with the underwriters
- Create submissions
- Track renewal process of an assigned book of business
- Negotiate rating, terms and conditions with the underwriters
- Make recommendations to account executives on coverages
- Provide clear and accurate instructions for proposals, certificate issuance and invoicing
- Mentor and provide technical support to the commercial team
- Attend Industry and Broker functions
- Build solid relationships with Insurers
About the Employer:
This brokerage prides themselves on providing an exceptional client experience and gives their employees all of the tools they need to succeed. They are offering a competitive compensation plan, an extremely strong benefits package, and opportunity for upwards advancement for the right individual.
You have experience working in a brokerage or extensively as an underwriter. Your time management and organization skills are your hallmark. You can think like a broker and like an underwriter and you understand the intricate dance that takes place between the two.
- Level 2 General Insurance License
- CAIB, CIP or CRM designation an asset
- 2 years’ experience in commercial broking
- A keen attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Works well in a fast paced, client-focused environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.