Our client is looking to hire a compassionate and fair Senior Accident Benefits Claims Advisor. The Senior Accident Benefits Claims Advisor will be responsible for the claims of moderate to high complexity. You will be supported by a team that is striving to reach the same goals and outcomes as you are.
- Interpret policy wordings, determine policy coverage and ensure appropriate reserving
- Investigate losses to determine liability
- Evaluate relevant information from various sources including medical, legal, financial and vocational to quantify loss
- Negotiate with insureds, claimants, lawyers and insurers
- Coordinate services with vendors and service providers
- Adjust the claim from inception to completion in a proactive manner
- Maintain accurate records based on company standards and policies within the claims system
- Remain up-to-date with legislative changes and trends in the insurance industry
Our client is a part of one of the largest insurance organizations in the world. They offer a complete selection of home and auto products for their customers who they service in over 90 offices across Canada. These offices are unique to the environment in which they are situated in creating a sense of community between staff and clients. They pride themselves on promoting from within and helping shape and elevate the careers of their employees.
Claims are your bread and butter and there is very little that you have yet to experience in that area. You are an Accident Benefits guru and enjoy being a source of information for your colleagues. Customer service comes naturally to you and you always stay calm regardless of the situation.
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in Accident Benefits
- Excellent negotiation skills
- University or college degree/diploma is considered an asset
- Completion of or working toward CIP designation is an asset
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work proficiently with technology
- Knowledge of both legal and medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability to influence and a superior ability to negotiate
- Maintaining a commitment to excellent customer service
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com.