Our client is looking to hire a compassionate and fair Senior Claims Advisor. The Senior Claims Advisor will be responsible for handling casualty claims of high complexity. You will be supported by a team that is striving to reach the same goals and outcomes as you are. This role comes with the ability to work two days a week from home with the possibility of additional work from home days for the right candidate. This is a senior role and will present unique challenges.
- Interpret policy wordings, determine policy coverage and ensure appropriate reserving
- Investigate losses to determine liability
- Evaluate relevant information from various sources including medical, legal, financial and vocational to quantify loss
- Negotiate with insureds, claimants, lawyers and insurers
- Support and guide others through changing conditions and encourage the exploration of new opportunities or innovations.
- Attending mediations, settlement conferences and court proceedings as required
- Remain up-to-date with legislative changes and trends in the insurance industry
About The Employer:
Our client is known across Canada as one of the premier employers in the insurance industry. They understand that happy employees lead to happy customers. Canadian businesses consistently turn to our client for creative risk solutions and it is no wonder that they have become one of the nation's leaders in multi-line insurance products. The work/life balance for employees is second to none. With our client you will enjoy all of the expected benefits plus many additional ones such as, but not limited to: a 35 hour work week, paid volunteer opportunities, a share purchase plan, many performance recognition opportunities and numerous career development opportunities. This is just a taste of the lifestyle that you will be able to enjoy as you continue your rise to the top of the insurance industry if you choose to join our client.
Claims are your bread and butter and there is very little that you have yet to experience in that area. You are a casualty claims guru and enjoy being a source of information for your colleagues. Customer service comes naturally to you and you always stay calm regardless of the situation.
- Must have 15 years’ experience in multiline claims with an emphasis on Professional Liability
- Excellent negotiation skills
- University or college degree/diploma is considered an asset
- Completion of or working toward CIP designation is an asset
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities
- Previous experience with Guidewire in a paperless claims environment is beneficial.
- Knowledge of both legal and medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability to influence and a superior ability to negotiate
- Maintaining a commitment to excellent customer service
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.