Our client is seeking an experienced insurance professional to join their team in the role of Employee Benefits Producer. The primary role of the Producer is to identify and pursue new business opportunities and to maintain and service a profitable block of business. This position will report to the President and will work closely with the Managing Vice-President of Risk Management & Insurance, and their respective team in Calgary.
Our client is a progressive employee-owned insurance company that is constantly innovating and leading the way in both personal and commercial insurance. They understand the numbers involved in insurance but they are focused on the people. Management understands that without strong employees and without loyal clients they have nothing. They treat their staff with respect and provide the freedom for them to be able to service their clients in the best way possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce new business through networking and various other means of prospecting;
- Negotiate competitive terms, conditions and benefits for assigned clients with insurance and service providers;
- Provide exceptional client service by regularly contacting existing clients to ensure quality service is being delivered and needs are being met and/or exceeded;
- Develop account strategies, presentations and other forms of communication with client;
- Participate in industry functions and targeted public relations activities;
- Maintain extensive relationships in the market place;
- Review for accuracy contracts, employee booklets, communication material, financial agreements and financial statements;
- Prepare Power Point presentations as required;
- Lead by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of maintaining best practices;
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
Who You Are…
You are a self-starter who is a natural at building and maintaining relationships with anyone and everyone you meet. You have a strong background in sales, but also have the technical knowledge required to provide unmatched customer service to clients on a daily basis. He/She will also possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- University degree (typically in business or finance);
- Al least 3 years of benefit producing experience;
- Life License in good standing;
- Must have sound technical knowledge of products;
- Good knowledge of markets and their policy wordings;
- Good quantitative skills and personal computer literacy (Word, Excel and Power Point);
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in both official languages (an asset);
- Creative application of products, markets and alternatives;
- Independently carry out assignments;
- Ability to work well with others throughout the organization;
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn new tasks;
- Client relationship focused;
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize several projects with competing deadlines;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses/certifications – (CEBS).
Who We Are…
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, Montreal, and Calgary DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position