Our client is made up of a dedicated team of HR and health and safety advisors, offering employer resources to thousands of small- to medium-sized businesses. The position of Human Resources Advisor is a home based role. You will provide human resources advice, support, recommendations and solutions to clients as part of the company’s human resource advice service. You will be expected to work from Monday to Friday. Your regular working hours will be from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., although applicants will need to be flexible as the needs of the business can change based on our client volume. There is significant potential for upward mobility for successful hires.
Why Join the Team?
Our client is building a superb place to work if you love solving problems, enjoy a challenge and have a genuine enthusiasm for overcoming obstacles and learning, you’ll love it. Your customer service and technical skills will be tested every day. There are endless opportunities for you to develop and grow and you’ll really make a difference to all sorts of people. Our client has been voted one of the best companies to work for two years in a row by the Glassdoor Awards. They are a highly motivated enterprise that promotes an entrepreneurial culture.
- Providing relevant and correct human resources advice, support, solutions and recommendations to our clients in a professional, efficient and practical manner
- Proactively reaching out to clients to follow up regarding any advice, solutions, support or recommendations that are given
- Conducting research regarding human resources and employee management inquiries
- Completing internal reports following conversations and communications with clients regarding their human resources issues
- Reading and analyzing a client’s internal human resources policies and other related documentation for the purposes of providing advice, support, solutions and/or recommendations
- Advising clients on how to use the provided human resources management system
- Achieving internal key performance indicators
- Assisting, from time to time, with writing and revising human resources policies and related documentation
- A thorough knowledge of the Alberta Employment Standards Act, 2000 and the Alberta Human Rights Code and related regulations and policies
- CPHR designation (required)
- Current HRPA membership (required)
- A degree, diploma or certificate from an accredited human resources education or training program
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of combined relevant human resources training and work experience
- Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work independently, as well as a team player
- Very strong time management, writing and organizational skills
- A proactive approach to problem solving and issue management
- A high level of computer literacy
What you Bring to the Team:
- A commitment to personal development.
- The ability to motivate yourself and those around you.
- An enthusiasm for exceptional service delivery.
- Thrives under pressure and has the ability to multitask.
- A wealth of experience in the practical application of HR.
- Being a major contributor of industry sector expertise.
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com.