Claims Manager – Auto (Physical Damage and BI)
Location – North Vancouver/Remote opportunity
Are you a well experienced, all rounder Senior Auto Adjuster/Examiner? During an exciting time for growth, our client is looking for an Auto Adjusting leader to join the team! You will be working in a dynamic and stimulating environment, and eventually leading your own team of auto adjusters.
You will have experience with the full cycle claims process for Physical damage claims, and experience within BI will be highly regarded. You will also bring either team lead or supervisory experience to manage/mentor and develop the claims employees who will be brought on to work below you.
- Work closely with the Executive team and other departments;
- Ensure compliance with corporate reporting standards;
- Maintain a good working relationship with local industry and regulatory bodies. Remain up to date on legislation and trends in the insurance industry;
- Attend mediation and arbitration as needed;
- Provide leadership and direction to the claims department;
- Identify and address training needs within the department;
- Perform regular audits of claim files for quality and customer service;
- Ensure efficient and effective employee performance, deliver annual reviews, provide coaching, and positively motivate employees;
- Work with the Human Resources Coordinator on the recruitment/onboarding of new employees and participate/make recommendations for salary reviews;
- Participate in the budget process and monitor variances;
- Create and maintain the claims manual with work flows, customer service standards and procedures.
- Minimum 8 years of insurance claims experience, including 3+ years of people management/team lead experience;
- University degree or College Diploma(equivalent experience may substitute education);
- A professional insurance designation (i.e.FCIP, CIP, CRM, etc.);
- Level 2 Adjuster License;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent knowledge of policy wordings on all lines of business, corporate guidelines, policies and procedures;
- Exceptional negotiation skills;
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced changing environment;
- Strong analytical, logical thinking, sound judgement skills with the ability to solve complex problems.
Our client is offering a very competitive salary/benefits package with RSP matching and the opportunity to work remotely.
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Affia at 778-383-9790, x 104 or email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details.
DGA Careers is Canada’s only national Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry, since 1986. Our deep industry experience, knowledge and strong relationships enable us to connect leading insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms with the most talented mid to senior level professionals for each individual leadership role.