With over 140 years of experience, Heartland Farm Mutual strives to be the preferred agribusiness and rural insurance specialist. We are courageous. Our team is talented and dedicated, challenging the norm and striving to be better every day. People come first at Heartland. As a result, our focus is on relationships. It’s all about delivering a genuine customer experience. We have a team of solution–oriented problem solvers providing expertise on our home, farm, commercial and auto products. We are currently recruiting for the role of:
Manager, Farm Underwriting- Waterloo
- Develop and continually re-evaluate underwriting appetite for specific line of business with VP and CEO, R&D department and brokers/agents.
- Develop and continually re-evaluate Heartland’s “target market” for specific line of business to align with Heartland’s financial goals.
- Participate and provide actionable input to Research & Development Committee.
- Manage our policy portfolio on an ongoing basis, to support the achievement of Heartland financial goals.
- Complete regular analysis of new business and cancellation logs to monitor trends and flow of the portfolio. Prepare reports for the VP and develop action plans as needed.
- Coordinate and provide direction as needed for all broker/agent rehabilitations.
- Develop and continually re-evaluate underwriting guidelines to align with Heartland’s financial goals.
- Handle complex underwriting referrals.
- Coach/Mentor Team Leaders – Provide guidance, direction, feedback and input to the Team Leaders to ensure they use sound business judgment in all underwriting decisions.
- Meet customer/broker/agent service expectations by creating and maintaining a customer experience approach based upon a culture of underwriting empowerment.
- Complete weekly analysis for service standards; prepare report and develop action plans as needed.
- Demonstrate a strong customer service approach in all broker/agent interactions and provide direct guidance to Team Leaders and underwriters.
- Create alignment between various Heartland department service expectations and results.
- Improve efficiencies through continual re-evaluation and improvement of workflows and best practices.
- Continually re-evaluate underwriter authority levels and broker/agent binding authority to ensure decision-making is made at the frontlines.
- Coordinate department staff and personally participate in broker/agent and industry events to promote the Heartland brand.
- Participate and provide input at Broker/Agent Council meetings.
- Completion of Post-Secondary Education.
- Minimum 8-10 years in the Property Casualty Industry with Commercial and/or Farm underwriting experience.
- Supervisory or Management experience of 2 to 3 years.
- CIP designation.
- Experience in agriculturally related business would be beneficial.
- A company that truly values integrity, respect, professionalism, transparency, forward thinking, community and environment.
- Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation.
- A defined Incentive Plan where commitment to excellence is financially rewarded.
PLEASE - Apply to this role through our website!
NO INSURANCEWORKS APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website: www.heartlandfarmmutual.com. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. (Only qualified candidates please. No phone calls. No agencies.)
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.