Personal Lines Underwriting Manager
Our client is a highly-regarded insurance company. They are recognized for providing a high quality of employee engagement and morale. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is a strategic thinker and carries a high sense of diplomacy.
Reporting to the Regional Vice-President, The Underwriting Manager is responsible for leading a team of Underwriters, Underwriting Specialists, and Team Leaders in providing efficient and effective underwriting for the personal lines and auto insurance division. You will be responsible for the analysis and risk assessment services according to complex program criteria and policies and guidelines.
- Develop processes to measure performance compared to the desired benchmarks according to the corporate vision, ensure these are achieved
- Ensure continuous improvement in underwriting and risk assessment of program applications
- Lead the investigation, adjustment and review of the underwriting processes for the programs offered
- Provide expert advice and program leadership by maintaining current awareness of emerging issues, trends and developments in the agriculture and financial industries
- Embed quality control in all processes and monitor the results to provide feedback to the team to facilitate better adherence to standards
- Provide leadership and technical direction to the underwriting team
- Ensure Program Delivery procedures meet federal and provincial program agreements
- Monitor the department budget and prepare required reports
- Minimum 10 years' experience in auto or personal lines underwriting
- Proven experience in coaching, mentoring or leading others
- Experience with operations supervision, including resource management, work scheduling and goal setting, responsibilities
- Solid experience in managing budgets
- Proven track record in a high-volume client environment with strong focus on customer service
Interested candidates, please contact Melissa Colley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-383-9790 ext 101.
If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position. Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner