Our client, a well established national insurer, is seeking a Commercial Lines Underwriter to join their office.
The Commercial Underwriter will be responsible for the management and placement of commercial accounts in the marketplace on behalf of the commercial team. They will ensure the client receives appropriate and effective coverage at competitive premiums to satisfy the goals of our commercial clients.
- Build strong business relationships with Brokers in their respective territory.
- Participate in strategic placement discussions with commercial team.
- Ability to understand business risk and the connection between client operations and insurance.
- Leverage business relationship to successfully negotiate preferred terms for clients.
- Follow placement processes, timelines, minimum coverage standards and commission requirements.
- Level 2 license
- Minimum 3 – 5 years experience with commercial insurance accounts.
- Solid team player with strong communication and listening skills
- Sales experience a bonus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills/customer service oriented
- Willing to grow and develop within a fast-paced environment.
Interested candidates, please contact Melissa Colley at email@example.com or 778-383-9790 ext 101.
If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position. Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner