At Sovereign Insurance, we believe your experience matters. This is our promise to not only our clients but to our employees as well, because we know the strength of our company starts with our people. The smart, curious and collaborative people who bring their whole heart and passion to work each day. But you can’t pour from an empty cup; we take care of the well-being of our people so that they are inspired to protect Canadian businesses and the lives, families and communities we impact. Join us and begin shaping your experience at Sovereign.
We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to join our Corporate Operations management team in Toronto. The successful candidate will develop and lead a high-performance team responsible for analyzing and providing actionable insights to align portfolio activity and performance. This role understands the working relationship between product, pricing, and distribution enabling the organization to meet its objectives.
What you’re responsible for:
- Identifying key objectives and metrics, setting strategy and tracking actual performance to expectations with a focus on analyzing and providing recommendations to improve performance and alignment of our portfolio with Sovereign’s corporate strategy.
- Developing and facilitating quarterly operating reviews using market knowledge, research, the analytics environment, and in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Liaising between the product manufacturing teams and the production operations teams to drive portfolio performance related to production, performance, and strategic direction.
- Coaching and developing your team, recruiting and selecting talent, managing and rewarding performance, and fostering an agile culture.
What to expect:
- Detail oriented work that requires a high degree of mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- This role operates in English. Bilingualism in English and French is an asset.
- You will travel occasionally.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
To be successful:
- You thrive on leading and motivating others to embrace accountability to deliver our exceptional client experience and achieve results.
- You ensure you and your team’s day to day actions are in harmony with the company’s purpose, vision, and values even when challenged.
- You take responsibility for guiding others through changing conditions and creating a supportive culture that encourages the exploration of new opportunities or innovations.
- You value and encourage others to have cooperative and collaborative dialogue because diverse perspectives offer more creative and productive solutions.
To join our team:
- 15 years insurance experience with at least 10 of those at a management level.
- Minimum 5 years in commercial insurance portfolio performance management.
- Insurance Product Portfolio Management which includes underwriting performance management and product management at a senior level.
- CIP/FCIP, current enrollment or equivalent experience.
- University degree.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, paid time off, pension and benefits.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and flexible work options.
- The opportunity to work on an inclusive team who inspire each other to explore and achieve what’s possible.
- An organizational commitment to sustainability and charitable giving; positively impacting the social, environmental and economic well-being of Canadian businesses, families and communities.