At Sovereign Insurance, we believe your experience matters. This is our promise to not only our clients but to our employees as well, because we know the strength of our company starts with our people. The smart, curious and collaborative people who bring their whole heart and passion to work each day. But you can’t pour from an empty cup; we take care of the well-being of our people so that they are inspired to protect Canadian businesses and the lives, families and communities we impact. Join us and begin shaping your experience at Sovereign.
We are looking for a Program Lead to join our Corporate Operations department and Project Portfolio team in Toronto. The successful candidate is self-starter who embraces change, thrives on collaboration, and has a track record of successfully delivering executive level organizational initiatives.
What you’re responsible for:
- Leading and motivating multiple project teams through the planning, monitoring and execution of medium to large scale projects involving various stakeholders and co-ordinating the delivery of program requirements.
- Managing all aspects of the program from initiation and planning through to benefits realization.
- Facilitating discussions on various topics with different stakeholders to align on program objectives.
- Supporting and encouraging the project team to drive program execution on time and on budget.
- Encouraging and advocating for the adoption of technology, operational, and process improvements to be leveraged during program execution.
What to expect:
- You handle sensitive information while maintaining confidentiality.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
To be successful:
- You thrive on delivering our exceptional client experience through positive and engaging relationships; embracing accountability to achieve effective results.
- You ensure your day to day actions are in harmony with the company’s purpose, vision, and values even when challenged.
- You will support and guide others through changing conditions and encourage the exploration of new opportunities or innovations.
- You value cooperative and collaborative dialogue because diverse perspectives offer more creative and productive solutions.
To join our team:
- 10-15 years of experience in enterprise program management.
- Experience in program management for business transformation.
- Property and Casualty commercial insurance experience is desired.
- Proven experience with various execution and delivery methods (agile, iterative, continuous delivery etc.).
- University Degree in business or related field is preferred.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, paid time off, pension and benefits.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and flexible work options.
- The opportunity to work on an inclusive team who inspire each other to explore and achieve what’s possible.
- An organizational commitment to sustainability and charitable giving; positively impacting the social, environmental and economic well-being of Canadian businesses, families and communities.