At Sovereign Insurance, we believe your experience matters. This is our promise to not only our clients but to our employees as well, because we know the strength of our company starts with our people. The smart, curious and collaborative people who bring their whole heart and passion to work each day. But you can’t pour from an empty cup; we take care of the well-being of our people so that they are inspired to protect Canadian businesses and the lives, families and communities we impact. Join us and begin shaping your experience at Sovereign.
Our Claims Management Team is looking for a dynamic self-starter with a natural ability to lead people. Utilizing previous experience and established corporate philosophies, policies, procedures and standards, the successful candidate will plan, organize, guide, and evaluate the activities of the Claims teams for the Toronto office. He or she will be a mentor and coach with excellent communication and relationship-building skills, the ability to develop and engage a high-performance team of professionals and be personally committee to exceptional customer service.
What you’re responsible for:
- Conducting file audits, managing claims expenses, monitoring training programs, preparing reports and ensuring claims resolution activities comply with legislative and regulatory requirements and Sovereign quality standards and policies.
- Participating in the development of corporate claims and office annual business plans, budgets and strategies in conjunction with Assistant Vice President, Claims, and office management team.
- Fostering relationships with external business partners (brokers, lawyers, contractors, etc.).
- Oversee large complex files and liaise with the Strategic Resource Group (SRG) Claims; on files exceeding office authority participating in meetings, mediations, trials and Examinations for Discovery.
- Coaching and developing your team, recruiting and selecting talent, managing and rewarding performance, and fostering an agile culture to deliver on strategic objectives.
What to expect:
- You will travel occasionally.
- You will provide support to clients who are experiencing a personal or financial loss. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion is required.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
- Bilingualism in English and French is required.
To be successful:
- You thrive on leading and motivating others to embrace accountability to deliver our exceptional client experience and achieve results.
- You ensure you and your team’s day to day actions are in harmony with the company’s purpose, vision, and values even when challenged.
- You take responsibility for guiding others through changing conditions and creating a supportive culture that encourages the exploration of new opportunities or innovations.
- You value and encourage others to have cooperative and collaborative dialogue because diverse perspectives offer more creative and productive solutions.
To join our team:
- A minimum of 10 years claims experience with 3 minimum years of managerial experience.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, paid time off, pension and benefits.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and flexible work options.
- The opportunity to work on an inclusive team who inspire each other to explore and achieve what’s possible.
- An organizational commitment to sustainability and charitable giving; positively impacting the social, environmental and economic well-being of Canadian businesses, families and communities.