With over 140 years of experience, Heartland Farm Mutual strives to be the preferred agribusiness and rural insurance specialist. We are courageous. Our team is talented and dedicated, challenging the norm and striving to be better every day. People come first at Heartland. As a result, our focus is on relationships. It’s all about delivering a genuine customer experience. We have a team of solution–oriented problem solvers providing expertise on our home, farm, commercial and auto products. We are currently recruiting for the role of:
Business Initiatives Analyst- Waterloo
The successful candidate will have a desire to research and create innovative solutions, along with the drive to see the solutions through to implementation.
- Research possible initiatives, documenting the Business Case and expected benefits of changing systems/processes, or the creation of new ones.
- Using knowledge of the Property & Casualty Insurance industry Products, Rating, Underwriting & Claims processes, and Business Systems Applications, be responsible for developing solution designs and implementation options (Technology and Process).
- Elicitation and documentation of business requirements. This includes detailed process mapping, documenting use cases, wireframes for User Interface design, User Experience design, data mapping, and data analysis.
- Support the technical leads to ensure the technical design meets the business needs.
- Responsible for Implementation tasks including planning, execution of the deliverables in to production and addressing post-implementation issues during the warranty period. This will necessitate working outside of standard office hours.
- Process Analysis. This includes documentation of current processes, analysis to determine efficiency and efficacy gaps, and creation of future state processes.
- Quality Assurance testing of implementations including the creation of the test strategy and test cases, execution of the testing plan, and defect management.
- Project management by coordinating meetings, tracking project process, providing status updates and communications to project stakeholders.
- Provide a process for monitoring changes once implemented.
- 5 years’ experience as a Business Systems Analyst.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in the Property & Casualty Insurance Industry in any of the following capacities: Broker/Agent, Underwriting, Claims or Finance.
- Quality Assurance, Process Analysis and/or Project Management skills and knowledge.
- Proven ability to create and deliver insurance solutions.
- Critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions and proactively propose solutions.
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall project environments.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
PLEASE - Apply to this role through our website!
NO INSURANCEWORKS APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- A company that truly values integrity, respect, professionalism, transparency, forward thinking, community and environment.
- Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation.
- A defined Incentive Plan where commitment to excellence is financially rewarded.
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website: www.heartlandfarmmutual.com. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. (Only qualified candidates please. No phone calls. No agencies.)
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.