Title: Property Claims Adjuster (Commercial Lines)
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Investigate, appraise/scope, confirm coverage, negotiate settlement and recovery, and conduct reporting and documentation of claims of larger size and/or moderate complexity in accordance with established guidelines
- Ensure the accurate and efficient payment of claims.
- Prepare summaries and files for litigation, mediation/arbitration, and multidisciplinary assessments
- Adhere to service standards by communicating effectively with all parties involved
- Develop relationships with other departments such as underwriting in order to meet business goal
- Assist Manager with preparing/completing monthly statistical report
- Understand and apply best business practices towards compliance, internal control and operational risk controls in accordance to national standards and regulatory standards and policies
- Mentor and train less experienced claims and support staff
- Work collaboratively with Supervisors and/or Managers on special projects and assignments
- Post-secondary education and / or equivalent on the job experience
- Minimum 4 years of Commercial Property Claims Adjusting experience (examining construction and manufacturing claims preferred)
- CIP/FCIP or actively pursuing
- Strong working knowledge of the principles and practices related to claims settlement, policy wordings, insurance contracts, fraud investigations, serious losses and coverage questions
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, investigative, and decision-making skills
- Strong report-writing skills, including an orientation toward detail and precision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with the ability to explain processes and technical terminology
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Bonus, Benefits, Pension and more
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavor to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.