Excellent opportunity for someone that is currently working in reinsurance or for someone that is in the insurance industry and wants to learn all about Facultative and Treaty underwriting as an assistant.
Title: Reinsurance Underwriting Assistant (Bilingual)
Location: Downtown Toronto
2 roles are available, one must be bilingual (English/French)
Provide technical support to both the Facultative and Treaty departments
- Complete renewals, new business and endorsements
- Enter new business and renewals onto system
- Issue certificates and endorsements.
- Review policy wordings, assess endorsements.
- Ensure renewals are addressed on time.
- Assist the Accounting Department in solving premium differences.
- Data Management System
- Review treaty renewal and new submissions.
- Enter data onto system
- Prepare underwriting review summary
- Run Reports
- Prepare Power Point Presentations
- Must be fully bilingual (English/French)
- Post-secondary education preferred
- CIP designation or working towards
- 3+ years’ experience with P&C reinsurance, primary insurer, or Broker
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to prioritise the varying demands and handle multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of Treaty and Facultative (an asset)
- Basic/Intermediate understanding of treaty wordings and facultative policies.
- Corresponding with clients/brokers where needed.
- Ability to respond to the various individual requests from all underwriters
- Running reports as requested.
- Confident and works well independently and in team environment
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Bonus, Benefits, Pension…
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavor to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.