Our client is looking for a well organized and driven Personal Lines Account Manager who knows how to close a sale. This role focuses on managing a book of business and providing outstanding customer service.
- Focus on meeting customer retention through effective and proactive servicing
- Help with book growth by closing warm leads from walk-ins/call-ins and existing personal lines clients.
- Cross selling to existing Personal Lines clients
- Take phone calls from both clients and underwriters to address questions and respond to their requests
- Negotiate policies with underwriters
- Review policies and prepare them for renewals
- Handle claims reports and follow up with assistance
- Prepare documentation for insurers, complete applications for new customers, issue insurance certificates and process changes
- Liason with underwriters and other strategic partners when necessary
About the Employer:
Our client is an Alberta based brokerage that deals mostly in commercial insurance but does have a personal lines component as well. They have thrived by providing Alberta based businesses with Alberta centered expert advice. Their extremely low turnover rate is a testament to not only the appreciation they show their employees but their keen eye for bringing on talent that fits into their culture. This truly is an opportunity to join a premier employer!
You are a customer service focused individual who knows how to close a deal. You are great at maintaining and fostering mutually beneficial relationships. You speak insurance-ese fluently and can break it down for customers who might not grasp the concepts initially.
- Strong computer, communication, interpersonal, negotiating, planning and organizational skills
- Customer service oriented
- Enjoy working on and building relationships
- Experience with Epic and Policy Works would be an asset.
- 3-5 years experience in the industry
- Level 1 License
- You must have or plan to be working towards obtaining your CIP or CAIB designations.
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kim Ehman at 587-952-5077 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.