For this extremely unique position we are looking for an individual who is a Fellow of the Insurance Institute of Canada and holds their Level III Adjuster License. Our client is looking to add a Senior Adjuster with a comprehensive understanding of professional liability. This Senior Adjuster will work from home and will be responsible for handling assigned claims files from start to finish.
- Handle all aspects of claims files:
- Coverage investigation
- Correspond with insurer
- Retaining defence council
- Advising the insured
- Keep track of process within company system
- Litigation management
- Increase efficiency and reduce the life span of claims
- Develop a cohesive working relationship with insurer
- Advise the defence counsel
Our client is an established and high paying claims management firm. The company structure is such that the successful candidate will report to a single person and will not have to deal with handling competing interests. Our client wants you to be able to focus on your work and get it done in whatever way you want as trust is a huge hallmark of their operations. With that trust comes the expectation that you will comply with company policy as you work remotely.
You are a tried and tested insurance professional capable of making swift yet calculated decisions without direct supervision. You can explain situations in a variety of different ways to many different types of people. You are confident in your abilities to analyze, breakdown and understand complex information. Professional Liability claims are your bread and butter and there is very little that you haven’t experienced in that area.
- Must have at least 5 years of recent claims adjusting experience
- Be a licensed insurance adjuster Level III (Alberta) OR equivalent and be eligible to be licensed as such in Alberta
- Be an Associate or Fellow of the Insurance Institute of Canada
- Ability to work proficiently with technology
- High level of intrinsic motivation.
- Have a good understanding of the Alberta Rules of Court
- E&O experience and D&O experience
- Be able to organize, multi task and manage competing tasks within tight timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kim Ehman at 587-952-5077 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.