Our client is leading the charge into the future of insurance and they are looking for a Business Development Manager with an established and large network of brokerages. This is an opportunity to make an impact on the entire insurance industry. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for identifying areas for growth and educating potential business partners (brokerages) on the advantages of instituting our client’s online platform. The Business Development Manager will report directly to the CEO and will have the opportunity to earn equity in the company.
- Reach out to the brokerages in your network and educate them on the advantages of implementing the company platform
- Identify brokerages that would benefit most from taking a leap forward in terms of their online accessibility
- Identify brokerages that are hindered by inefficiencies in their processes
- Maintain regular contact with clients and provide assistance by analyzing their needs and providing solutions
- Close deals using negotiation, creativity, and good business judgment
- Stay on top on industry trends to ensure that the company continues to stay ahead of the curve
- Liaise between clients and management to ensure that communication is accurate and consistent
About the Employer:
Our client has recognized that many insurance firms are using outdated practices and operating systems and they are here to provide solutions. They are focused on helping insurance brokerages overcome inefficiencies by addressing these problems with a tailored online platform. They are a very flexible and pragmatic firm that listen to their employees and give them the tools and resources that they need in order to be successful.
You are an extremely well-connected insurance professional who is disheartened by the lack of innovation that plagues brokerages across Canada. You are a salesperson, but also a problem solver and you genuinely enjoy helping others. You are technology enthusiast and understand when and how technology can help a brokerage increase their sales.
- Established and wide-reaching network of brokerages
- Extremely polished presenter who can speak about technology and software to a variety of audiences
- At least 3 years of proven success in sales
- Ability to attend and be engaged in insurance industry functions
- Strong ability to analyze data and identify problems as well as their potential solutions
- Ability to travel within assigned territory
- Strong understanding of sales funnel management
- Proven ability to establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with business partners
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Jen Duff at 778-383-9790 ext 103 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.