ENCON Group Inc. is one of Canada's leading managing general agents, which develops and administers insurance programs and distributes them through a network of licensed agents and brokers to individuals, professionals, organizations and employers.
At ENCON, we believe our people are our most important asset. We offer a dynamic and challenging work environment, training and development opportunities and a competitive total rewards package, and we believe in work/life balance.
ENCON is currently recruiting for an Underwriter to work in our Alternative Insurance Market (AIM) Division. The AIM facility specializes in harder to place commercial Casualty, Property and Umbrella & Excess. The primary focus of the position will be underwriting Casualty and Umbrella & Excess insurance with a secondary focus on Property. The successful candidate will be a service-oriented individual, with a positive attitude, strong marketing and presentation skills and a desire to succeed.
- Review and analyze liability insurance submissions, umbrella submissions and property submissions
- Assess exposure and determine rates, terms and conditions of coverage in accordance with underwriting guidelines
- Negotiate terms and conditions with registered insurance brokers
- Service current accounts and provide coverage options
- Prepare and present product knowledge seminars internally and to insurance brokers, including marketing ENCON products and services to insurance brokers
- Develop and maintain an awareness of liability claims and exposures
- Maintain an awareness of market conditions and competition
- Post secondary education
- Preferably 3+ years work experience in insurance
- Working towards or completion of industry related professional designation
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Effective analytical abilities along with strong multitasking and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent marketing skills
- Excellent presentation skills for small or large groups
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively function in a team environment
- Bilingualism is mandatory, (written and verbal)
A leading managing general underwriter in Canada, ENCON has a rich history in specialty insurance, starting in the 1960s when it launched professional liability insurance for architects and engineers. Since then, ENCON has continually expanded its unique range of products and risk management services. Its enhanced technology solutions are driven by innovation and a nimble, change-oriented business philosophy. ENCON also offers life and health insurance services to support brokers and clients across all industries. It is based in Ottawa, Ontario with offices in Mississauga, Ontario, and Edmonton, Alberta.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.