We are working with one of Canada’s leading insurance companies who, due to growth, is looking to hire a Personal Lines Underwriter to join their high net worth (VIP) team. If you have over 5 years of experience underwriting personal lines home and automobile policies, with two of those years focussing on high net worth clients, this may be a great opportunity for you.
Title: Senior Personal Lines Underwriter
- Responsible for delivering superior quality service and cultivating a “One Stop Shop” environment to brokers.
- Engage with our selected Brokers passionate about High Value business and taking a high-priority approach in the service delivery, maintaining an informed mindset and challenge the status quo to provide the best underwriting service.
- Produce new accounts through your engagement with brokers, that includes price and coverage analysis, and tailoring the product to meet specific needs of the end customer.
- Strong ability to negotiate coverage options and premium while maintaining underwriting discipline/profitability
- Quoting and processing new quotes, bind, endorsements, renewals and inspections. This role is about building relationships and continuously learning and developing knowledge about the end customers' needs through the broker.
- Ordering and reviewing reports such as HITs, Autoplus and MVRs as required.
- Ability to multi-task and navigate through several applications at the same time
- Responsible and are expected to continuously update soft skills through industry and internal courses
- 5+ years personal lines underwriting experience
- 2+ years working on high net worth accounts
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Strong negotiations skills and leadership capabilities
- Outstanding communication skills will drive your success in this role
- Excellent decision-making and analytical skills
- Organized and strong time management skills
This role provides the opportunity to engage with brokers across Canada, and therefore requires the flexibility to work within the operational hours of 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday to Friday.
Compensation: Competitive salary, great company bonus plan, paid benefits and excellent pension plan.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavor to respond to each applicant in a timely manner