The Commercial Lines Casualty Underwriter manages a book of complex Commercial Casualty, Fleet Auto and Garage business including broker relationships in order to grow the book while maintaining underwriting discipline and profitability. This position involves making sound underwriting decisions based on individual risk characteristics, exposure analysis, hazard recognition and controls.
This position is intended for a candidate seeking growth opportunity in a dynamic organization.
- Solicits and reviews new and renewal account information required to evaluate a risk
- Identifies all potential exposures and hazards in relation to coverage requested and individual risk characteristics
- Underwrites, prices and prepares proposals based on objective and subject risk characteristics and input from various internal departments
- Negotiates and places facultative reinsurance when applicable
- Collaborates with other Arch units where appropriate to deliver a holistic customer insurance solution
- Together with internal team members, takes responsibility to deliver promised service to brokers
- Responsible for renewal and retention management and manages the renewal process to achieve targeted retention and profitability
- Develops, expands, and enhances broker and client relationships within the region, through high external visibility and frequent broker engagement
- Ability to underwrite new and renewal business by reviewing and analyzing insured's operations, loss history, and other pertinent information
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and decision making skills
- Excellent customer service, negotiation and presentation skills
- Hands-on experience and strong aptitude with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong marketing and broker management skills
- 3-5 years of commercial underwriting experience
- Actively pursuing CIP/FCIP designation
University degree or equivalent education/experience preferred
Arch Insurance Group is a market-leading specialty insurer providing property, casualty and a wide range of specialty insurance for corporations, professional firms and financial institutions around the globe. From product development to policy servicing to claims payment, we are dedicated to providing our customers with superb coverage and service.
A subsidiary of Arch Capital Group Ltd., Arch Insurance employs disciplined underwriting and prudent risk selection across all types of business. We have offices in the United States, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia, and South Africa.
Arch Capital Group Ltd. is a Bermuda-based company which provides insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance on a worldwide basis through its wholly owned subsidiaries. Arch offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, Arch is committed to helping its associates create what’s next by providing access to a variety of programs supporting your professional development and a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and professional growth. We seek talent that thinks innovatively, values collaboration and will go the extra mile to serve our customers and develop our company.