Join a leading insurer as a Senior Multi-Line Claims Examiner! Our client has created a new role due to expansion and growth and seeking a friendly and technically strong Claims Examiner to join the team. There is the opportunity to eventually step into a team lead role, is leadership is the end goal. This person will have the option to work from home 2 days a week, with the other 3 days working in their new, modern open concept office downtown.
You are a self starter with senior exposure to multi-line claims with casualty & professional lines being favored. Pollution losses are also highly regarded. You have excellent relationship building and communication skills and can coach more junior staff. Bilingualism in French is an asset.
- Setting up and investigating claims as assigned within authority level, providing control and direction to adjusters, appraisers, and solicitors to ensure adjusting and litigation programs advance in a timely manner.
- Reviewing and interpreting the insurance policy wordings and loss information.
- Maintaining extensive knowledge of insurance coverage, settlement methods, procedure, investigation methods, and creative negotiation skills and file management.
- Reporting on reserve loss and expenses within established guidelines.
- Liaising, collaborating and maintaining good relationships with the underwriting team, submitting risk information where appropriate.
What to expect:
- Detail oriented work that requires a high degree of mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- You will provide support to clients who are experiencing a personal or financial loss. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion is required.
- You will be attending mediations, settlement conferences and court proceedings as required.
- 7-10 years of previous experience handling commercial property, liability and professional liability claims.
- You thrive on delivering our exceptional client experience through positive and engaging relationships; embracing accountability to achieve effective results.
- You ensure your day to day actions are in harmony with the company’s purpose, vision, and values
- You will support and guide others through changing conditions and encourage the exploration of new opportunities or innovations.
- You value cooperative and collaborative dialogue because diverse perspectives offer more creative and productive solutions.
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Affia at 778-383-9790 x 104 or email your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are already working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant who meets the job requirements and qualifications in a timely manner.