Our client is looking to Senior Claims Examiner. In this position, you will be examining claims of high complexity, with a mix of property & casualty, as well as some niche specialty lines.
You will be supported by a team that is striving to reach the same goals and outcomes as you are. This position comes with the ability to work two days a week from home with the possibility of additional work from home days for the right candidate. This is a senior role and the successful candidate will be compensated as such, as well as having the potential to transition into more of a leadership role.
- Interpret policy wordings, determine policy coverage and ensure appropriate reserving
- Investigate losses to determine liability
- Evaluate relevant information from various sources including medical, legal, financial and vocational to quantify loss
- Negotiate with insureds, claimants, lawyers and insurers
- Support and guide others through changing conditions and encourage the exploration of new opportunities or innovations.
- Attending mediations, settlement conferences and court proceedings as required
- Remain up-to-date with legislative changes and trends in the insurance industry
Claims are your bread and butter and there is very little that you have yet to experience in that area. You are a casualty claims guru and enjoy being a source of information for your colleagues. Customer service comes naturally to you and you always stay calm regardless of the situation.
- Must have 10 years’ experience in multiline claims with an emphasis on Casualty
- Excellent negotiation skills
- University or college degree/diploma is considered an asset
- Completion of or working toward CIP designation is an asset
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities
- Previous experience with Guidewire in a paperless claims environment is beneficial.
- Knowledge of both legal and medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability to influence and a superior ability to negotiate
- Maintaining a commitment to excellent customer service
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Jen Duff, Talent Acquisition Partner, by phone at 778-383-9790 ext 103 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.