Our client is looking for an established Commercial Lines Broker who has experience managing their own book of business in the Commercial Transportation space. The chosen candidate will become their next Commerical Lines Broker. What our client is looking for is a broker who is a team player and wants to work with like-minded professionals. The chosen candidate will be a well-rounded broker that is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Managing, servicing and growing your book of business
- Handling walk-in clients in a busy office
- Generating new business and leads through referrals and networking
- Navigating company portals to locate and obtain information
- Negotiate with and market risks to underwriters
- Assist clients with any questions or concerns
- Increase knowledge on many different insurance company’s products and packages
- Issuing Certificates of Insurance
- Quote and Proposal assistance
- Conducting renewal and required coverage reviews
- Reviewing Renewal Expiry Lists
- Reviewing Final Notice and NSF Payment notifications sent to clients
- Receiving and processing payments from clients
Our client is a Calgary based brokerage with a trusted history in both personal and commercial lines insurance. They have access to all the major insurance markets. The effect that technology will have on the industry for years to come is not lost on our client and they are working hard to stay ahead of the curve. Working for a midsize company means you have direct contact with all levels of the business which is great for increasing overall industry comprehension.
You are a confident Commercial Insurance Broker who is looking for a brokerage to call home. You want to work in a secure and friendly environment. You work hard to earn your keep and are proud of your workplace product.
- 5 years of commercial lines experience
- 5 years’ experience managing a book of business
- Experience in transportation risk
- Experience with Finance Companies an asset
- Level 2 Insurance License
- Ability to work proficiently with technology
- Experience using TAM, EPIC or POWERBROKER
- Experience in the following companies’ portals: Intact, Aviva, Economical and Wawanesa
- Maintaining a commitment to excellent customer service
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com.