Business Development Specialist
Our client is a major leader in their insurance space! They are growing rapidly and under new senior management, they are looking for the next Business Devevlopment Superstar for their busys office!
Delivers profitable growth through selling a broad and differentiated suite of solutions in a unified way and manage the existing portfolio. Develops intimate knowledge of distributor´s business model and proposition, and creates a business plan which optimizes identified opportunities that align with our market basket strategies.
Leads and manages holistic distributor and customer value propositions to deliver profitable growth.
The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the organization.
• Ability to execute effective sales strategies
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to facilitate critical business relationships both to internal and external stakeholders
• Strong understanding of insurance industry from a market and underwriting perspective
• Responsible for sales targets: Aggressively seeks new and renewal account opportunities and communicates with a team of sales specialists and underwriter resources to facilitate closing the opportunity.
• Conducts discussions with distributors to develop a detailed and accurate distributor profile.
• Completes and maintains detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities.
• Creates business plans with key distributors that leverages the company´s broad range of insurance products and services.
• Builds strong business relationships at multiple levels of the distributor´s organization.
• Conducts regular sales calls with distributor with frequency aligned to opportunity and need.
• Works with Business Units to execute distributor business plans.
• Conducts periodic reviews with distributors, manages their performance to ensure execution of the business plan.
• Qualifies accounts to meet with the company´s appetite.
• In partnership with underwriter, negotiates to close accounts with distributors.
• Drives and manages process to increase the company's product density at existing accounts.
• Builds internal relationships with the company's Business Units to facilitate a unified face to market.
• Serves as the escalation point for distributor on service and business
• Manages sales pipeline.
• Achieves goals related to sales calls, submissions, hit ratios, and production.
• Effectively executes sales strategies and campaigns.
• Business Travel, as required
**Car allowance and gas expenses are covered for this exciting opportunity!**
Interested candidates please contact Melissa Colley at 778-383-9790, x101 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels.