My client is growing! They need a Commercial Insurance Leader for their busy department.
If this is you, come work for a highly reputable organization!
Commercial Underwriting Supervisor
- Manage underwriting and processing functions to ensure the underwriting quality and service standards are aligned within Corporate objectives and guidelines and are within authority
- Recruitment, development, support and training of staff
- Support team performance with monthly one-on-one meetings, monthly group meetings and regular daily interactions.
- Set objectives and meet our branch targets,
- Maintain strong Broker relationships through marketing visitations, stewardship meetings and program meetings. Promptly resolve conflicts and issues.
- Oversight of underwriting decisions, program results and audit plans/discoveries including rectification for head office.
- Provide leadership direction including underwriting referrals that require corporate approval as well as recommending authorization on manuscript wordings.
- Review, create and update efficiency procedures to optimize cost and expenses.
- Monitor results and reports on a monthly basis watching for variances and performance.
- Establish and execute plans for completion of business objectives/plans including pricing, loss ratio, rate changes and new business targets.
- 5 plus years of Commercial Lines underwriting experience
- 2 years of Supervisory experience preferred
- University degree or college diploma
- CIP, FCIP, CRM preferable
- Ability to manage and direct others.
- Capability to create and present internal/external formal presentations.
- Proficient with analyzing Manuscript wordings.
Compensation: Competitive pay and bonus!
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Melissa Colley at 778-383-9790, x101 or email your resume in confidence to email@example.com . If you are already working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details.
DGA Careers is Canada’s only national Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry, since 1986. Our deep industry experience, knowledge and strong relationships enable us to connect leading insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms with the most talented mid to senior level professionals for each individual leadership role.