Our client is looking to hire an attentive and detail-oriented individual with significant leadership experience to fill the role of a Bodily Injury Claims Advisor. The Bodily Injury Claims Advisor will be responsible for the claims of moderate to high complexity. Additionally, as a leader in the office you will train, mentor, and assist the junior adjusters.
- Investigating and determining a reasonable settlement of various bodily injury claims
- Research, uncover, and analyze all relevant documentation
- Negotiate and settle claims over the phone and face to face
- Handle alternate dispute resolutions
- Mentor, coach, and train junior adjusters
- Work as a team to handle escalated issues
Our client is a part of one of the largest insurance organizations in the world. They offer a complete selection of home and auto products for their customers who they service in over 90 offices across Canada. These offices are unique to the environment in which they are situated in creating a sense of community between staff and clients. They pride themselves on promoting from within and helping shape and elevate the careers of their employees.
You are a proven claims professional, capable of making swift yet calculated decisions in high stress situations. You can explain situations in a variety of different ways to many different types of people. You are confident in your abilities to analyze, breakdown and understand complex information. Claims are your bread and butter and there is very little that you haven’t experienced in that area.
- Must have 7-10 years’ experience in a related field
- University or college degree/diploma is considered an asset
- Completion of or working toward CIP designation is an asset
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work proficiently with technology
- Have a good understanding of the Alberta Rules of Court
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to influence and a superior ability to negotiate
- Maintaining a commitment to excellent customer service
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.