Lundgren and Young Insurance Ltd. (www.landy.ca) began its operations in 1983. Today it is a large, general insurance brokerage that employs over 100 individuals and services over 30,000 individual customers and businesses throughout Alberta. There are locations across Alberta, and its’ corporate headquarters are in Calgary, Alberta. Lundgren and Young Insurance Ltd. is an active member of the Independent Insurance Brokers Association of Alberta.
Reporting to the Personal Lines Sales Manager, the Team Lead, Personal Lines is a full-time, permanent position responsible and accountable for all Personal Lines production sales. This role is expected to be a visible leader in the organization that instills and upholds the values and culture of the company. It plays an active role to strategically grow and develop the existing 3 broker models and to continue to develop and streamline processes. The Team, Lead, Personal Lines role is a member of the Management Team and contributes to the corporate goals and overall growth of production. This role interacts heavily with our support teams, as well as with information technology, accounting and human resources. The Team Lead, Personal Lines role is located at our corporate offices in Calgary, Alberta.
- Team Lead will be responsible for handling a book of business, as well as support in managerial duties.
- Assist in the training and development of staff.
- Provide on-the-ground support for Brokers as they generate leads and close new sales
- Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company’s relationship with them
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key demographics
- Assess regular market trends, specialty lines conditions; and identify current and prospective sales opportunities
- Operate with a sense purpose and empower our employees to be a source of innovation.
- Assist in sales goal setting and demonstrate L&Y expectations by example.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITES
- Adhere to and practice Lundgren & Young corporate policies and procedures
- Uphold and exemplify Lundgren & Young values
- Follow Best Practices to achieve operational excellence
- Uphold close working relationships between the sales and support teams
- Providing a safe, secure, and team-oriented work environment
- Adhere to high ethical standards and comply with all regulations/applicable laws.
- Share product & market knowledge with other branches and corporate office on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
- Generating Sales Reports and assessing performance of House & Independent Producers.
- Lead structured & engaging bi-weekly Branch meetings, utilizing this opportunity to review and discuss:
- Industry Trends
- Lundgren &Young Expectations & Initiatives
- Build close working relationships between the sales and support teams
- Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing guidance, coaching, development and motivation
- Participate in the HR process of recruitment and growth of Independent and House models
- Promotional marketing support on an individual basis
- Manage and monitor all branch operational issues for the house, and independent business model.
- Lead and mentor team by promoting and maintaining strong employee morale and culture, setting high expectations to performance and adherence to company values
- Innovates and ensures consistency to enhance customer service to all clients
- Understand and communicate Lundgren &Youngs’s Vision, Mission & Values and how these relate to Lundgren &Young Key Performance Indicators.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Minimum 7 years of industry experience
- Experience with Applied, Powerbroker and Microsoft Excel programming
- Experienced in change management strategies
- Well-developed people leadership skills, with a proven ability to motivate staff, while holding them accountable for results
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Legally authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis without restrictions
Please forward your CV to email@example.com with the role title in the subject line of your email.
Lundgren and Young Insurance Ltd. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.