The Director, Innovation and Portfolio Management leads the strategic development of new and refined P&C products across Farm, Commercial and Personal lines of business, leads the development and implementation of pricing strategies and strategic segmentation initiatives. With a strategic view of changing consumer needs and in partnership with distribution and marketing leadership, the Director, Innovation and Portfolio Management also leads and/or supports the development of innovative non-P&C products and partnerships to support our target member segment.
You are a transformational leader who fosters an innovative and insights-driven culture, and who possess the following key skills:
- Proven strategic leadership experience and expert knowledge in developing net new and enhancement of products across personal, farm and commercial lines of business,
- Expert knowledge in predictive modelling, segmentation, pricing strategies and methodologies,
- Expert understanding of demographic shifts and changing consumer needs with a proven ability to identify and implement innovative solutions to respond proactively,
- Proven experience in leading, analyzing and supporting the development of portfolio analytics, predictive insights with recommendations on actions and opportunities,
- Exceptional ability to collaborate, influence, build consensus and commitment to a direction while managing multiple internal and external stakeholders,
- Exceptional leadership to coordinate innovation and portfolio enhancements to support key business strategies that enable growth and flexibility focused on our members’ needs,
- Exceptional communication skills and comfort across all levels of the business,
- Strong ability to build trusting relationships, influence and support members at all levels of the organization towards a common vision or goal,
- Demonstrated transformational leadership presence to develop, coach, mentor and support a diverse team of innovative professionals.
- 5+ years of senior management experience, with 10+ years working in the P&C insurance industry,
- Completion of CIP and post secondary education in the field of business or a related field is required. FCIP designation and/or other relevant designations will be considered an asset.
Go to thecommonwell.ca and visit our application site from there to view a detailed role description and submit your application by June 18, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their applications, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The Commonwell is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring barrier free employment practices. Should you require accommodation due to disability, let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.