Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Our client, a reputable stable organization is looking for a seasoned Property Claims Represntative who is eager to work closely with their leadership team. This role reports directly to the VP, Claims.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Provides fair and empathetic response to claims
- Investigates and concludes optimum claims settlements for the company and customer by managing a portfolio of property claims (both offer and accept and program business) within defined authority limits
- Manages claims (notification, case reserves, investigation, evaluation, negotiation, settlement subrogation, reinsurance recoveries and closure,) according to policies, procedures and standards for quality of claims handling and customer service
- Advises underwriters and risk control specialists of any facts reflecting upon the insurability of risk
- Attends broker and customer meetings, as well as industry events as required
Skills, Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- Community college diploma or undergraduate university degree
- CIP designation or progress toward
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of applied experience in property claims
- Knowledge of property insurance coverage, as well as investigation and adjudication of claims. Broad knowledge of specialty insurance core markets
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms
- Able to work effectively as a member of a team and also independently
If interested in this opportunity contact Antonella Leone via email at email@example.com or call at 416-868-6711 x 226.