Title: Digital Personal Lines Product Manager - Reinsurance
Location: Toronto, Downtown
This role will provide the ability to contribute to improving the client purchasing experience via the creation of an innovative digital insurance product suite offering. You will research and Implement innovative insurance processes to reduce pain points in the insurance buying experience.
- Perform product market research, competitive/comparative analysis, recommend product design options, develop product specifications and communicate all product related information as needed to allow for optimal decisions and effective implementation
- Work with existing and new external clients and partners to develop and implement a digital version of their traditional products
- Understand insurance market structures, market cycles and insurance operations, including compliance and regulatory issues
- Possess a clear understanding of underwriting/pricing guidelines; gain and maintain compliance with Corporate and Divisional underwriting guidelines
- Work with internal cross functional areas within the organization to optimize the use of internal expertise and obtain buy-in from key stakeholders to develop and implement digital Property & Casualty insurance solutions
- Collaborate to review and assist with the development of rating plans and pricing tools when necessary
- Manage in force products as well as stay abreast of regulatory and technology changes that may impact their expected performance
- 7+ years of product experience in primary Property & Casualty Insurance
- Personal Lines Property experience in the Canadian market is required; experience in additional personal lines products in Canada or the US is a plus
- Experience designing and developing new products or enhancements, including development of forms, rates, rules and provincial filings
- Knowledge of the Canadian insurance regulatory landscape and its impact on distribution channels
- Ability to think outside the box, assess risk and exposures, and be comfortable making underwriting decisions using non-traditional methods and tools
- Ability to independently manage interactions with claims, financial, actuarial, operations, legal disciplines, and external parties
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills, superior interpersonal skills as well as effective time management skills
- Excellent analytical, communication, and strong commence of Excel, MS Office Suite and computer systems
- Keen strategic thinking, business acumen and problem-solving skills
Compensation: Competitive salary, Bonus, Benefits, Pension
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.