We are looking for a composed and even keeled insurance professional to be the technical resource for Real Estate claims. Our client’s next Real Estate Claims Examiner will be a team player who is capable of balancing competing interests and prioritizing their workflow. The Claims Examiner will be responsible for reviewing a wide range of claims and this will be a position best suited for an embracer of challenges.
***Residential claims experience will be considered!
- Review the policies on all incoming claims and gather all the necessary information for the insurer.
- Analyze claims and recommends solution for coverage issues.
- Examine reports, issue payments, help with month-end reports and reconciliation of payments.
- Utilize your technical expertise by providing internal and external clients with answers and advice.
- Negotiate payments and reimbursements on the insurer’s behalf.
- Update the broker on the status of the claim, if required.
- Track claims through the entire process in order to identify areas that need improvement.
- Build and maintain exemplary working relationships with internal clients, adjusters, insurers as well as other industry experts.
- Identifies any client or system issues that may arise to the appropriate individuals.
- Develop claims management reports and distributes reports to management as required.
Our client is a prominent mid-size, National Insurance Brokerage located in Vancouver. You will be working in an environment that has a history of delivering for their clients. The rewards package includes competitive compensation, work / life balance, opportunities to learn and develop your career. You can opt into RRSP matching plans from day one. Your career opportunities are endless when given the chance to work in an office with very high employee engagement and positive moral.
You have a “steady as she goes” approach to handling claims and you are extremely talented at keeping everyone on track. You can negotiate with the best of ‘em and you approach each interaction as a learning opportunity. Pressure doesn’t deter you because you expect more from yourself than anyone else.
- Level 2 license would be preferred, or ability to obtain
- 5 years of claims handling experience
- 2+ years of real estate claims experience
- Exemplary communication skills
- Team player who is capable of finding ways to contribute to the team
- Must be working to attaining or already have CIP or CAIB designation
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service experience and mindset
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Affia at 778-383-9790 X 104 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.