HUB Financial Inc./HUB Capital Inc., is Canada’s largest Managing General Agency for Life Insurance and Investments. We are looking for people that are self-motivated, career oriented, have a high attention to detail and a strong team approach. If you are looking for a great opportunity to kick start your career, grow and develop both personally and professionally in an open and collaborative environment, we want hear from you! HUB offers competitive salary and benefit packages, and we value work/life balance. We have offices coast to coast, and we are all our connected by our mission: “To be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most. “We work in a fast paced, client oriented environment and want to deliver excellence in everything we do. Our people are our greatest asset! If you are looking for a fun, team environment where you can grow, this is the place for you!” Terri Botosan, President Hub Financial Inc./Hub Capital Inc.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the distribution team. The ideal candidate will ensure the handling of mail distribution, document scanning, forms management, storage management and facilities support (kitchen duties, workstation/moves etc.) runs effectively.
The Business Services Supervisor will liaise and maintain business relationships with vendors and suppliers (i.e. printers, courier companies) and ensures the distribution services standards, processes and procedures are adhered to by the distribution team. To achieve an effective and efficient team, the Business Services Supervisor is responsible for the hiring and training of staff that make up the distribution services team as well as the development of the team through regular feedback and annual performance reviews. This position is a contract for 13 months.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Provide the distribution team with guidance and support in the areas of mail distribution, document scanning, storage management, forms supplies management, facilities and business services.
- Develop, document, execute and control distribution service standard, processes and policies.
- Monitor attendance and absences of distribution team members to ensure sufficient resources required to perform daily tasks.
- Provide ongoing feedback and annual performance review discussions with distribution team members.
- Hire distribution team members and develop/deliver training plans for new hires.
- Provide problem solving resolutions in the areas of mail distribution, document scanning etc.
- Order office supplies as needed when stock is low
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience and Education:
- Up to 3 years related experience
- High School Diploma
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Proficiency in typing and working with computer applications, including MS Suite
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively utilizing good time management skills
- Ability to multitask and work well in a team environment
HUB Financial is a wholly owned subsidiary of HUB International – a leading North American insurance brokerage that provides a broad array of property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, reinsurance, investment and risk management products and services through offices located across the United States and Canada. HUB International is ranked among the top insurance brokerages in the world.