Overview of Position:
HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
The Professional Liability Practice in Toronto is looking for a Commercial Lines Account Assistant to support our professional lines commercial account team. This role involves working closely with three Account Managers who represent law firms and design professional firms.
Benefits for being in this position are: excellent exposure to commercial lines while working for one of the top 10 Insurance Brokerages in the world, freedom in taking insurance courses to further yourself in your knowledge of insurance and working alongside top professionals in the Insurance industry! By taking the first step in applying, it just might get you a chance to work for one of the leading Insurance Brokerages in Canada and abroad!
- File Management (soft and hard file set up)
- Effective communication with clients
- Respond to third party information requests
- Day to day activities for clients and prospects
- Preparation of client renewal packages (certificates, summaries, etc.)
- Calculating provincial taxes, preparing premium finance quotes, etc.
- Timely issuance of binders, summaries, policies etc.
- Detailed policy proofing/ fact checking
- Invoicing / Account Receivables tracking
- Managing abeyances and expiry dates
- Input data into computerized database
- Provide assistance where required within team
- Searching for information on the internet
- File management to HUB standards (policy documents, summaries, correspondence, etc.)
- Preparing files for storage
- Effective management of abeyance system
- Expiration & producer reports, filing and distribution
- Negotiation and use of Finance Plans
- Minimize DSO to HUB standards
Qualifications and Experience:
- College Diploma or equivalent work experience
- RIBO License
- Minimum 1 year of commercial insurance experience
- Experience in professional lines desired
- Strong aptitude to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience on Epic or similar insurance management systems desired
- Strong client servicing skills
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Please apply online: http://bit.ly/2F65nJf