HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB International continues to grow and seeking a Receptionist to join our Personal Lines Sales and Service Team in Barrie. This person acts as the welcoming first impression and is therefore responsible for engaging all walk-in and phone-in clients in an administrative capacity to direct and guide them based on their requests. This role reports to the Vice President. This is an ideal role for someone interested in becoming an insurance broker.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or over the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions
- Sort and forward incoming faxes and emails received
- Handles incoming and outgoing courier (including regular mail); open, stamp, sort and label for distribution
- Maintains stock and availability of office supplies by ordering as required
- Accepts and logs payments received from clients into broker management system; provide receipts for payments received
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Supports the Personal Insurance team with Technical Service Representative duties i.e. upload new business, update company portals etc.
- Performs basic accounting duties and processing under the guidance of the accounting team
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of one year of customer service and/or administrative experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to deliver positive customer experiences
- Interest in a career in insurance
- Strong team player
- High level of organization and ability to multitask provide administrative and account support
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.