Our client is looking for insurance professionals that enjoy visiting brokerages and dealerships to help their employees understand new policies. The successful candidate will become our client’s next Marketing Representative. This is more of a teaching role than a sales role so communication skills are imperative. You will be fully trained and will shadow another team member over the first weeks.
- Visit brokerages and dealerships where you will explain and breakdown new policies while helping build brokers confidence in selling policies
- Schedule your out of office visits in an efficient manner (50% of work time is on the road)
- Meet with the team to game plan and maximize cohesiveness
- Maintain relationships with brokerages
- Attend auto dealer/insurance industry functions, including conventions, seminars and industry events.
- Help clients come up with strategies to sell policies in their territory
- Ensure that all clients feel supported and comfortable
- Conduct regular visits to potential and existing dealers promoting our products, exploring specific client needs, handling issues and complaints and anticipating new opportunities.
About the Employer:
Our client is a leading specialty insurance provider that prides themselves on their team approach to conducting business. They rely on outstanding and friendly customer service to maintain and grow their business. You will be fully supported in this family like work environment. They are a midsize company that embraces innovation and will allow you to spread your wings.
- Company Car
- Company Cell Phone
- Company Credit Card
- Downtown Parking
- Incentive Program
You are a humble insurance professional who relies on their friendly personality to create and build relationships. You are extremely comfortable meeting and conversing with brokers. You are a confident speaker and have experience in explaining new concepts to people. Teamwork is extremely important to you and you want to work for a firm that values a positive workplace. You do your best work when you are having fun.
- Level 1 License would be preferred
- Must have a valid drivers license
- 3 years working in a brokerage or with brokers
- A keen attention to detail
- Great presenter with a history of explaining/teaching new concepts
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Works well in a fast paced, client-focused environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate clients, including evenings and weekends when necessary.
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.