As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Cooperators General Insurance company, Sovereign Insurance believes your experience matters. This is our promise to not only our clients but to our employees as well, because we know the strength of our company starts with our people. The smart, curious and collaborative people who bring their whole heart and passion to work each day. But you can’t pour from an empty cup; we take care of the well-being of our people so that they are inspired to protect Canadian businesses and the lives, families and communities we impact. Join us and begin shaping your experience at Sovereign.
Sovereign is looking for a Claims Telephone Adjuster to join our Montreal office. The successful candidate will utilize their strong sense of urgency, excellent customer service skills, and attention to detail, to successfully adjust and settle claims. Working alongside more experienced team members, as well as preferred vendors, the incumbent will be responsible for direct handling/monitoring multi-line claims.
What you’re responsible for:
- Setting up and investigating claims as assigned within authority level.
- Handling of claims, along with providing control and direction to, appraisers, experts and solicitors to ensure adjusting and litigation programs advance in a timely manner.
- Referring claims in excess of authority through appropriate internal channels to establish coverage eligibility.
- Reviewing and interpreting the insurance policy wordings and loss information.
- Processing payments, recoveries and reserve changes within authority level as per claims handling standards.
What to expect:
- Detail oriented work that requires a high degree of mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- You will provide support to clients who are experiencing a personal or financial loss. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion is required.
- You will work remotely on a part-time basis. A high degree of autonomy is required.
- This role involves direct contact with clients and/or service providers in their environment.
- Bilingualism in French and English is required.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
To be successful:
- You thrive on delivering our exceptional client experience through positive and engaging relationships; embracing accountability to achieve effective results.
- You ensure your day to day actions are in harmony with the company’s purpose, vision, and values even when challenged.
- You are open and adaptable to changing conditions with a natural curiosity to explore new opportunities or innovations.
- You value cooperative and collaborative dialogue because diverse perspectives offer more creative and productive solutions.
To join our team:
- Minimum 1-5 years commercial claims experience (applications from recent Damage Insurance D.E.C. graduates will be considered).
- AMF adjusting permit required (commercial and personal lines).
- An interest in commercial auto property damage and commercial property & casualty claims.
- CIP designation or current enrollment an asset.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, paid time off, pension and benefits.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and flexible work options.
- The opportunity to work on an inclusive team who inspire each other to explore and achieve what’s possible.
- A company that is committed to support the social, environmental and financial well-being of the lives, families and communities we impact.