Position: Group Retirement Broker Assistant
Employment Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: Vaughan Office – 7501 Keele Street, Suite 400, Vaughan ON, L4K 1Y2
The successful candidate will be responsible to assist Financial Advisors in servicing our Group Retirement clientele. The candidate will work with plan administrators, insurance carriers and pension authorities to ensure our clients’ retirement plans are compliant and meeting the level of detail and customer service to which our clients are accustomed to. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. They will be part of a team whose core objective is to maintain a high level of professionalism while exceeding expectations at each client interaction.
By joining our Masters team, you will become part of a rapidly, still-growing company that offers extensive training and frontline knowledge of the overall investment and insurance industry. We offer a competitive, salary-based, compensation package including group health and retirement benefits, as well as future advancement opportunities within our organization. Choose a career with Masters Life Insurance Agency Ltd. and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
- Respond to inquiries from plan administrators and members and provide information as needed
- Obtain quotes from carriers for prospective clients
- Interact with fellow employees, plan administrators, insurance carriers and pension authorities to resolve client issues
- Assist in developing, creating, and updating PowerPoint presentations
- Run financial reports and spreadsheets for client meetings
- Prepare and then execute letters of direction regarding investment fund changes
- Co-ordinate and prepare all materials for employer governance reviews and employee review meetings
- Assemble new and refresher member enrolment kits
- Maintain Group Retirement files - including document filing and creating new files
- Ensure accurate servicing of client needs in a timely and efficient manner
- Perform other related duties, assignments and special projects, as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Post-secondary education is required
- Required to have Life License (LLQP), or willing to obtain license
- enrollment within 6 months; completion within 1 year
- Three to five years of customer service experience is required
- Experience in similar role and account management within the financial service industry is an asset
- Experience in working knowledge with Group RRSP/RPP Plans is an asset
Skill Sets Required
- Self-motivation with ability to problem-solve with limited supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work both independently or collaboratively with co-workers and external partners
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Accurate data entry skills with strong attention to detail
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful of clients, co-workers and Management
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume, quoting this position, to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We at Masters Insurance Limited are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive workplace. We will accommodate the needs of applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation we encourage you to contact us at (905) 738-4164 x113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our company, visit our website www.mastersinsurance.com.
To view our current job postings, follow us on LinkedIn Masters Insurance | Financial.