Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine and classify coverage of individual general liability risks according to established company guidelines
- Focus on risk selection and pricing of a broad set of commercial liability risks in support of overall team and company objectives.
- Maintain underwriting integrity and overall profitability of the product line.
- Foster positive broker relationships by maintaining effectively and timely communication.
- Exhibits thorough working knowledge of sound underwriting principles, policies, procedures,
- Works collaboratively with other team members on multi-faceted risks
- Mentors less experienced underwriters and support staff.
- Keeps current on issues affecting the general liability line of business as well as the competitors and the overall marketplace.
- Builds relationships with brokers for the development of business in keeping with the goals and objectives of the company.
- Attends industry conferences as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma.
- CIP designation or working towards.
- 4-7 years of commercial underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of commercial general liability lines risks, classification and coverage options Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data and make an informed, calculated risk decision.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast- paced environment.
- Strong problem solving, reasoning, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while meeting established deadlines. Ability to demonstrate planning and organizational skills.
- Proven team player and energetic personality.
Interested candidates please contact Daher Hassan at 416-868-6711 ext 224 or forward your resume in confidence to Daher@dgacareers.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.