Title: Senior Manager, Personal Lines Underwriting (Bilingual)
Location: Markham, Ontario
- Develop underwriting strategies to manage risk across the region including risk appetite, underwriting authority, underwriting actions and reinsurance arrangements.
- Provide technical underwriting direction to the region for complex risk matters and direct the region on issues of compliance with laws and regulations, and corporate underwriting policy.
- Approve underwriting changes to rules, guidelines, wordings and products, ensuring national consistency in application of risk appetite.
- Provide corporate level underwriting expertise on rules, wordings, products and regulations for Regional Pricing and Product team.
- Prepare and negotiate with external regulators the filings on underwriting rules and underwriting-related aspects of rate filings. Also required to amend wordings, guidelines and maintain underwriting manuals.
- Corporate project participation representing Underwriting as required
- Create or validate underwriting rules that are effective for mitigation of risk, both in the automated underwriting rules and in manual file reviews.
- Create or validate all underwriting rules and other underwriting content for distributor manuals and other materials in their designated region. Review all material for regulatory compliance.
- Create internal underwriting manual instructions, in accordance with underwriting policy.
- Communicate directly with the regulators to submit and defend any filings required for underwriting rules, endorsements and forms for their designated region.
- Corporate level underwriting Subject Matter Expert on rules, wordings, products and regulations for Regional Pricing and Product team.
- Validate accuracy and compliance of policy output and other communications to brokers and customers.
- Completely fluent in French and English languages, required to serve the region.
- CIP or FCIP insurance designation preferred.
- Minimum 8 years insurance experience.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Strong reasoning, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize
- High degree of collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills. Teamwork oriented.
- Strong customer service skills
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Solid knowledge of Company underwriting policies and guidelines an asset
- Solid knowledge of insurance regulation for designated region an asset
Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, paid benefits pension plan plus other corporate perks.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavor to respond to each applicant in a timely manner