We are currently seeking a Commercial Lines Account Executive to join our customer service team in our Kingston, Ontario branch.
We are seeking a sales producer to help build the firm's book of business for our commercial property & casualty divisions. This position provides excellent growth opportunities and the ability to expand a career in the insurance industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing new commercial client relationships and recommending appropriate insurance products and other methods/advice to manage risk.
The right candidate will have exceptional customer service, consultation, and communication skills, excellent relationship-building ability, and a strong understanding of commercial property & casualty insurance products.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE/DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Be a trusted advisor. Inform and educate clients of their insurance options.
- Work towards meeting/exceeding sales targets through a proactive (networking, referrals, etc.) approach to sales.
- Qualify prospective clients that they fit the brokerage, choose the right new customers, quote, and follow the New Business procedure.
- Sell total accounts, round out mono lines, obtain and follow up x-dates, obtain and follow up on referrals.
- Work towards retention goals by providing exceptional customer service, reviewing coverages, and giving premium estimates.
- Maintain accurate and thorough documentation in the Broker Management System of all client communications, activity, information, and documents. Maintain copies of some of this documentation in client files when necessary.
- Manage accounts receivables.
- Represent Newman Insurance by promoting and maintaining strong employee morale and culture, setting high expectations to performance, and adhering to company values.
- Uphold positive and productive working relationships between service and support teams; work as a team player.
- Take and report claims and provide claim counselling.
- Remarket commercial renewals when required.
- Keep current on company rules, coverage options, and products.
- Keep current on workflow, processes, and procedures.
- Attend meetings and training.
- Negotiate with and maintain good relationships with underwriters.
- Build relationship with clients (obtain renewal information, send thank you cards, call/visit on renewal, etc.).
- Refer clients to other professionals as required (lawyers, accountants, financial advisors, life, etc.).
- Work towards CAIB or other insurance designation.
- Any other duties as required by management.
- Comply with RIBO continuing education.
- Account Manager duties when required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- RIBO license required
- CAIB or equivalent designation required within 2 years of hiring
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Effective time management skills
- Customer service driven
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with high level of accuracy
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook and BMS
In addition to offering a professional and fulfilling work environment, to enhance your career we offer a competitive compensation, a comprehensive health benefit program, an optional group RRSP, and a commitment to ongoing professional development.