Department: Specialty Insurance
Division: Liberty Mutual Canada
Reports To: Assistant Vice President, Operations & Innovation, Specialty Insurance
We’re looking for a leader with proven experience in operational excellence and superior service delivery. You care about mastering the job at hand, but at the same time, you’re someone who is keen to implement market-leading innovation and new technology solutions for your team to support brokers and clients in an industry that is seeing exponential change.
You will lead a team of operations professionals within Specialty Insurance and provide leadership to Liberty Mutual Canada’s four strategic objectives: (1) Winning with Broker and Customers; (2) Elite Underwriting; (3) Delivery of Best-In-Class Service; and (4) Employee Engagement. Specialty Insurance is focused on delivering the following products to brokers and customers across Canada: Marine, Surety, Energy & Construction, Alternative Risk Management & Fronting, and Financial Lines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruits, retains and develops a team of high-performing Underwriting Operations Associates, ensuring a high degree of employee engagement through a culture of empowerment, accountability, mentorship and career coaching. Works closely with Branch Leaders in the performance, development and support of operations staff in the regional branches.
- Achieves high productivity and service level expectations through the workforce management disciplines in forecasting, scheduling, capacity modelling and workload balancing.
- Works closely with the Specialty Insurance leadership team to identify and prioritize operational and technology initiatives to drive best-in-class service and productivity.
- Supports the implementation of insurance services and tools such as policy production, online platforms, data capture/integrity and all related operational systems.
- Advances Liberty Mutual Canada’s approach to data management, including aligning operations and innovation KPI metrics with business objectives.
- Builds a team culture of collaboration with other Liberty Mutual Canada business units to ensure sharing of best practices across the organization and overall operational excellence.
- Drives operational excellence by designing and implementing scalable and repeatable processes that improve efficiencies and deliver market-leading value to our brokers and clients.
- 10+ years in financial services with a focus on operations, and increasing levels of leadership and management responsibilities.
- Advanced knowledge of business operations, process improvement, understanding of change management and project management.
- Background and proven experience in driving key operations/innovation initiatives.
- Ability to collaborate and exercise influence while working cross-functionally and building relationships.
- Excellent communicator, active listener, critical thinker and problem solver.
- Superior time management and delegation skills.
- Knowledge, skills and competencies acquired through work with Six Sigma, Lean Management, or similar are considered an asset.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to CareersCanada@libertymutual.com indicating the job title in the subject line.
Liberty Mutual Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.