Our client, a leading insurance company, is looking for a Commercial Underwriting Supervisor to join the team. Reporting to the Manager, you will be managing and developing the team of Commercial Lines Underwriters and making a positive contribution to the culture and organisation.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to step into a leadership role within a well-established organisation, and have the opportunity for further advancement
- Manage underwriting and processing functions to ensure the underwriting quality and service standards are aligned within Corporate objectives and guidelines and are within authority
- Recruitment, development, support and training of staff
- Support team performance with monthly one-on-one meetings, monthly group meetings and regular daily interactions.
- Set objectives and meet our branch targets,
- Maintain strong Broker relationships through marketing visitations, stewardship meetings and program meetings. Promptly resolve conflicts and issues.
- Oversight of underwriting decisions, program results and audit plans/discoveries including rectification for head office.
- Provide leadership direction including underwriting referrals that require corporate approval as well as recommending authorization on manuscript wordings.
- Review, create and update efficiency procedures to optimize cost and expenses.
- Monitor results and reports on a monthly basis watching for variances and performance.
- Establish and execute plans for completion of business objectives/plans including pricing, loss ratio, rate changes and new business targets.
- 5 plus years of Commercial Lines underwriting experience
- 2 years of Supervisory experience preferred
- University degree or college diploma
- CIP, FCIP, CRM preferable
- Ability to manage and direct others.
- Capability to create and present internal/external formal presentations.
- Proficient with analyzing Manuscript wordings.
Compensation: Competitive pay and bonus!
Interested candidates, please contact Jen Duff at email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.