Portfolio Manager – Personal Lines (RIBO Licensed)
Our client is an established, diverse, fast-paced and friendly large brokerage with our head office located in Markham, Ontario. We are currently seeking an organized, detail oriented Portfolio Manager to service our Group and House accounts at our Markham office.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage a portfolio of existing House account business.
- Provide full service to allocated portfolio, this includes but is not limited to: Re-markets, Payments and Policy change requests.
- Gathering and assessing background information on new personal auto and property applications
- In-House Group Insurance sales and service with our current 20+ group accounts.
- Detailed analysis of MVR and AutoPlus reports.
- Work with personal lines managers on VIP accounts
- Review client accounts on an annual basis and make decisions on the best course of action to be taken.
- Contacting and working with various company underwriters
- Up-sell/cross sell coverages on existing policies (such as optional accident benefits, valuable articles, existing mono-line cross sell, etc.)
- Maintain complete and accurate client activity notes in Power Broker
- Assessing risks and ensure that all applications and renewals are rated correctly
- RIBO Licensed or have a General Insurance Agent License with the willingness to obtain a RIBO license prior to start.
- Proven customer service skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within a Brokerage or Insurance company setting
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge or experience with selling techniques is preferred
- Knowledge of Home and Auto insurance products
- Ability to analyze MVR & AutoPlus reports.
- Underwriting knowledge will be considered a strong asset
- Candidate must be comfortable in a technology dependent environment.
- Working knowledge of Compu-Quote and Power Broker
- Professional, friendly and respectful in all interactions with company partners and colleagues
- Team player, willing and able to adapt to change
- Able to perform well in a busy office and be steady under pressure
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Group Insurance products also considered a strong asset
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates, please contact Otis Wong at 416-868-6711 ext 234 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, please feel free to ask them about this position.